Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Bite of Love


Zooey
We gained a new member of the family in March. Her name is Zooey and she is  half Boston Terrier and half Lhasa Apso. She is very feisty and her favorite way of playing is to grab hold of something with her tiny sharp teeth and chomp. Noses are a favorite. She also loves to grab a mouthful of my daughter's waist-length hair and try to run off with it. My daughter and I adore her. My son fell in love with her when he was home in March before his deployment, too. The only member of the household who claims to dislike her is my husband and he is, of course, the person she likes to sleep next to. Every night I find her pressed up against his back or sometimes his neck and both of them are snoring happily away. 

Our older dog, Nixie, was very unhappy when Zooey initially moved in. She would sit on the chair with her head down, vulture style, like Snoopy in the Peanuts comics and stare at us with utter devastation. After about a week, she started to warm up to her and, now, they run around the house with reckless abandon, Nixie barking enthusiastically and Zooey yipping away in her shrill puppy voice.  It drives my husband crazy and can be a bit annoying when you are trying to watch a movie. It's joyful though and that's always a good thing to have around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment